WHPL Events & Programs Policy
As of JULY 2011
- The Woods Hole Public Library meeting rooms are to be used primarily for Library sponsored activities and functions. Programs of the Library and the Woods Hole Historical Museum and Collection, a division of the Library, receive priority in scheduling. Nonprofit groups with prior permission may use the meeting rooms for programs of an educational, cultural or civic nature.
- Facilities are not available for profit making, partisan political, or religious purposes.
- No use of the meeting rooms will be allowed which is likely to disturb Library patrons, impede Library staff from performing their usual duties, or endanger the Library building or collection.
- The Board of Trustees of the Woods Hole Public Library reserves the right to reject a reservation request if the anticipated meeting is likely to be disruptive or disorderly. In considering a reservation request, the Trustees may take into consideration the history of the applicant’s past use of meeting facilities as well as other available information.
- The Board of Trustees will make final determination regarding applications for use of the facilities and about allowing exceptions to the stated policy.